Champion Property Inspection is a leading Home Inspector firm in our local market. Our goal is to make the home inspection experience educational and easy for our customers. Our inspectors use the latest innovation and technology to create customized home inspection reports and deliver them within 24 hours. Our talented team accomplishes the home inspection process with quality, integrity, and exceptional customer service.
Our business is growing and we are offering an exciting opportunity for an aggressive self-starter who possesses dedication, professionalism, and true people skills. This is a fast-paced business with a reputation for quality, custom reports, and outstanding customer service. We will train the right individual. Experience and qualifications will determine starting base pay.
The following is for people with no experience.
- Business minded. Strong attention to detail.
- Understand the importance of quality and consistent customer service
- Basic knowledge of residential home systems and components
- Ability to participate in local marketing events or programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Great listening skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Have the aptitude and mental ability to problem solve and conduct professional conversations with real estate agents and customers
- A great attitude, good presence, and energy
- Integrity and strong work ethic. Punctual and ability to work unsupervised
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and insurance
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions, climb ladders, walk on roofs, access crawl space, enter attics as well as stand for long periods of time
- Ability to pass all employment screening and technical knowledge exams
- Required to authorize background and driving checks
- Available to work some evenings and weekends
Compensation: When fully trained you should be doing 10 inspections a week, 47 weeks a year, with a pay band between $50,000 gross, and a total package value of $70,000 your first year.
- Paid time off after 6 months of full-time employment doing inspections, 1 week your first year.
- The value of pay, training, and benefits is over $70,000
- In-house training, we fully train you from the ground up. Paid training is optional or as agreed upon upfront.
- Flexible scheduling If Monday to Friday isn’t for you, maybe Tue through Sunday is. We can work with you to meet 40 hours per week.
- We expect you to do 10 inspections per week. If you show you are capable, you can do 12 to 15 per week. Training bonus of $2,500 with a potential earn an additional $1,000 within 6 months.
- Aflac short-term disability is provided at no cost to you for up to 90 days of short-term disability.
- Professional ongoing education, you may travel to various classes in other states to learn first-hand sewer scoping, septic testing, etc.
- Employees reported as W-2, so you are covered with workman’s compensation and unemployment.
- Compensation for long-distance travel, driving to inspections.
- We provide the equipment, phones, laptops, sewer scopes, mold testing equipment, etc.
To be considered experienced you must have the following;
- Already have your Indiana State License, if moving here with the experience we can help you get it quickly.
- 470 inspections which are 1 year with us, expect 10 inspections a week 47 weeks a year.
- Be proficient in the use of technology, iPhones, Androids,
- We use Spectora Software, you must be able to utilize this software.
- Have your Wood Destroying Insect License
- You will be expected to be doing inspections within 2 weeks of being hired.
Experienced inspectors, expect to earn $65,000 to $90,000 or more.
Commonly asked questions;
Is this like a job where you step into your role from day one? No, you have to complete a series of pre-requirements before you enter a paid status. This can take a number of months depending on how much time you can put towards this endover. We are seeing 45 days to 6 months or more.
- Earn your Certified Professional Inspector designation from InterNACHI found here https://www.nachi.org/cpi-requirements.htm
- We will cover this cost.
- You will have to pass the National Home Inspector Exam found here https://nationalhomeinspectorexam.org/
- This has a high failure rate and you may have to take it more than once. The national average is about 55% of people pass the first time through.
- We will pay for 2 attempts and some practice tests at the NAHE website.
Once you complete the NACHI CPI and Pass the Nation Home Inspector Exam. You are eligible to start work full-time in a paid status with us.
Do you offer health insurance? No, not at this time.
Is there pay while in training? Yes, generally $15.50 per hour and this is negotiable depending on the skills you are bringing to the company.
How long is the training? This varies greatly due to people having construction backgrounds verses those that don’t. We’ve had people get out inspecting in 60 days and others take 6 months or longer.
Be sure to visit our mission, vision, and values page, click here.
Growing with our company
We are investing in our inspectors further with the following;
- Wood Destroying Insect reports
- Radon Licensing
- Sewer Scoping
- Commercial inspections CCPIA.ORG (must be a Certified Master Inspector to move to these positions)
- Mold Testing (International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants) Click Here.
- Chimney Inspections
- Dye Testing / Septic Inspections
- EMF Testing
- and more! Yes, there is a lot more.
To apply, send a resume and email of your intent to Stephen@theevansvillehomeinspector.com
We did some additional research and found the following information online locally. We pay $25.00 per hour for trained entry-level inspectors with the opportunity to earn over $50 per hour on certain projects. This information was taken from Career One Stop for Construction and Building Inspectors for Evansville IN